domingo, febrero 19, 2006

Henkan misses

Actually, 変換ミス (henkan misu), or "transformation mess-up".

The very reason why removing kanji out from Japanese would be very much impossible. It's like this: you're quickly typing up something in the computer/cell phone, and something you type has several homophones. The IME here will prompt you what you want to really write.

It's not rare to mess up (in fact, I did it pretty much a lot when writing email - sorry Aki if you're reading this, I'm really busy). It makes for good laughs though.

Oh yes, this is from Kanji Clinic too. Wonderful site, by the way. Here's another link to them, I hope they go really up in Google's PageRank, I'd loved to see it before: http://www.kanjiclinic.com.

Here's some examples from article #74:
田舎に帰る -> 胃中に蛙 
inaka ni kaeru
(I'm going back to the countryside - there's a frog in my stomach)

車にあるミカンを投げてちょうだい -> 車にアルミ缶を投げてちょうだい 
kuruma ni aru mikan wo nagete choudai -> kuruma ni arumi kan wo nagete choudai
(Throw me the tangerines in the car - throw at the car aluminum cans)

They go so far as to having the Japanese Kanji Proficiency Foundation, the Nihongo Kanji Nouryoku Kanken or simply 漢検 - kanken (remember the Kanji Nouryoku Shiken? They do that one) post a yearly top-20 list with the funniest blunders sent to them. Here's entries #1 and #2:

500円でおやつ買わないと ー> 500円で親使わないと
gohyaku en oyatsu kawanai to - gohyaku en oya tsukawanai to
(unless I can buy lunch for 500 yen - unless I hire my parents for 500 yen)

:blink: That's cruel.

5季ぶり快勝 -> ゴキブリ解消
gokiburi kaishou
Sweeping victory for the first time in 5 seasons - dealing with cockroaches

Yes, cockroaches.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario