lunes, febrero 06, 2006

Vanity Fair




I did say I'd be updating more regularly. Well, I was reading this book on autobiography for my new subject, you see, which is not going to be of any use, as it focuses not on the genre itself but on how to address the issue of writing your own life narrative. But it does encourage people to sit daily and write any reminiscence, miscellanous comment or the likes that crosses their minds at the mo. I liked the idea. I always tell myself I'll just write something plain and straight to the point, but I suppose I like chattering that much. I was reading the Dalai Lama the other day saying in a way senseless chattering is a sort of sin (in the Bhuddist sense, you know, something that might carry bad karma as it implies harm to others) and it has worried me somewhat, just in the self-knowledge sort of line. I should try and find his own explanation of the fact (he does not go into details, he is just listing examples) But then, what's senseless about my chattering, anyone? Do not let me down, oh reader.

In any case, why Vanity Fair? Because I'll be chatting about the current sales and about that kimono sewing I shall hopefully be undertaking in brief. I think my sewing abilities hardly go further than attaching buttons and things of that sort, first-aid sewing, you see. But there's this anime convention in Jerez my friends and I look forward so, and this year it's bound to be great fun because all my anime friends are coming, plus I shall be back from Scotland by that time, unlike the previous year. So Carmen is really insisting in our dressing the part - maybe going as one of our fav characters, or something Japanese at least. I love the idea myself, and I bought a pattern for a kimono from Ebay last summer. Lack of experience and procrastination have stopped me so far. But now I've decided, I'll do it - and I'll do it on my own - it can only be spoiled, and I'll always learn something. So I've been looking into what I need. I'll be transferring and cutting the pieces into the paper before I leave for Scotland (I also need to consider widening a bit around my sitting apparatus, which is the bit which seems to be a few cms too narrow for my generous proportions - I'll have to consult whether I'm measuring my hips at the right place though; then narrowing the waist, as mine is thinner than the average for my size, am I not an odd shape or what?) Then once back I'll set myself to cutting the fabric and sewing, which should be done promptly or I won't make it before the convention. I'm only making a kimono, a bow and a string, not the haori or upper jacket. Now if I make it right and on time, I might be making that one as well. Colours: Black outside, lining read, bow red, string black. Prospective haori red, to go with my tabi socks (see piccie - this was a Christmas pressie from Japanese friend Takko, aren't they cute?).

I know I said I'd be talking about my only sales shopping trip of the season, but it is so late and there loads I need to do today. Just bought some shoes, some lovely Mickey Mouse slippers, the softest, cutest Minnie Mouse cushion for my pc chair and a Winnie the Pooh ornament for my mobile. Just a couple of whims - all cheap and nice ;) And I did need the shoes, it just annoys me to buy them during the season to see the same pair half price during the sales! So I'd rather wait unless they are the most wondrous pair of shoes ever made.

Vain indeed. So far so good. Off to work you procrastinating pro XD.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario