lunes, julio 04, 2005

Uggggh.

I've always been horrible in board games. But I didn't know I was THAT bad. That needs fixing, of course. I've got an interest in Go, it's both simple and very challenging. And requires far more concentration than the one I usually have in board games.

I've been beaten ehh... 7 times today. 5 by the comp, 2 by humans. Yes, the comp was at the lowest setting possible. Oh, I won once. Against the comp.

Funny though how many Japanese terms exist in the game, though it also has Chinese origins. There's the komi (small margin given to the white player for being always last), the atari (situation where a piece can be removed by just one enemy piece), double ataris, and so on. And there's moves like the ladder (which I've fell to, though I knew it), or the cage (that one I have to know more about), snapback attacks and so on.

Oh well. On another note, some Barbara girl just joined my party after recovering the Ra Mirror from the Moon Mirror Tower (with three nasty Poison Zombies guarding the entrance, who, surprisingly enough, can use poison attacks to great effect). The Leylock king is not king, but queen, according to the mirror. After the usual explanation, we're off to Mudoh's castle. Still there.

Hmm.. and my Jap lessons start tomorrow again after a month of "hiatus". Bye bye, my dear 30€... I will miss you dearly. :cry: Oh well, gotta spend my money on something, I think. xD

Ah, I'm reading now and then a manga I got from a friend: "Female Public Prosecutor Leona". Yes, the 'Female' part is there. It's "Onna Kenji Reona", after all. Still haven't finished the first case, though I'm near to doing it. Uggh, so many kanji... thanks to Remembering the Kanji, I know what the _kanji_ mean, but not what the compound means or how it's said. Regardless, it's quite an advantage, combined with Wakan, RtK and so on.

It's about a perfectionist mother who drowned her 1 1/2 year old son in the bad due to neurosis, then attempted suicide. Seems it ran in her family (her brother was in the hospital being treated from the same thing). It's not pretty, I know, xD. Though the vocab on police/law related things IS handy. Like detective, lawyer, public prosecutor (duh), Law (as a discipline), and the like.

And what else? There's the OpenGL book (going through Blending now), the Knuth book (uggggh... it's -too- difficult, but I'm not going to be taught any more maths, so I might have to tackle this myself), my "intergalactic empire" (-snicker- it's still just one planet) on OGame... btw, it's fun to pirate planets from people with NO defenses. How careless can they be? And they're just about my same score. Tsk tsk.

Kore ijou. (That will be all for today)
~Antonio

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario