martes, noviembre 01, 2005

My birthday pressies

So I thought I'd chat a bit about my birthday pressies, which I've loved. I've even made piccies for the curious XD!
First pressie I got was a jewelry box from Carmen two days ago. It's beautiful and actually makes a set with my two other j. boxes (a big square one and an hexagonal one) - I'm not sure she knew, but it was lucky, wasn't it?




My mom woke me up this morning singing Happy Birthday. So we had my birthday cake (nice chocolate and cream one) for breakfast - I would have taken pictures, but I had dinner early yesterday and ... well ... I just wasn't in my right mind and ate it before considering actually capturing the mo for the future. Tut tut. Base human instincts. Then came the pressies.











Yay! Exactly - a Kakashi and Pakku keyring! This was from the little brother, who knows what a great Kakashi fan I am (he is my fav Naruto character, with Naruto himself, Rock Lee and his sensei). I love the weird hairdo, the drooping eyes, his laidback attitude, but also his great judgement and fighting skills. And I love it when he blushes and giggles while reading his favourite book (included and painted with full detail in my keyring), Icha Icha Paradise. I also love his one-sided rivalry with Gai-sensei, and how the latter complains about how cool Kakashi always looks. Heh. Oh what a lovely series Naruto used to be! Thank you thank you thank you for the gift, otouto!



Somewhat related with Naruto is the other pressie I received from Zio. My very own cute Tigger bowl for eating ramen! I had a smaller sort of bowl (an Eeyore one - I don't see clearly about these things, they do me in at first sight!) but I can hardly pour any soup in that one - and that would make it noodles rather than ramen, uh? (the glories of having had an oriental supermarket open locally :P). I'm using it in brief - it's almost time for dinner and anime watching.



And my parents got me loads of pressies too. A lovely pyjamas and dressing gown in shades of my favourite colours (blue and lavender), heart-shaped bath salt, and scented body milk and gel (orchid, rose-raspberry, orange - I'm also done in with fragant things, cute and/or fragant are the keywords for me). And a loooovely Pucca metallic coin purse! (isn't it cute or what?)




Two friends (Carmen and Gema) and my sister phoned to wish me a happy birthday. All in all, a very pleasant day. I've spent it having fun around - playing Neopets, updating my blog, writing reply emails one should have written ages ago, reading and watching "Murder She Wrote" on the telly (yep, oldie but goodie, I love detective fiction)! Not much else. Like all good days, peaceful and nice.

1 comentario:

  1. Anónimo8:48 a. m.

    Hi! ^____^

    Great changes for the best in the blog! The polka-dot background was fine, but I like this more, since dark blue and lavender are two of my favourite colours. And you did a great work with the banner too.

    Relating the bithday presents, no, I didn't know you already had two jewelry boxes, but it made me very happy that you liked it and that it completed your set. The rest are very lovely too.

    Since I'll be seeing you this afternoon, we'll chat more about the presents, party, manga, anime and The Corpse Bride. And don't worry, I won't forget the CD with all the Yuu Watase goodness I have.

    ResponderEliminar